Friday, July 10, 2020

Latin Proverbs and Fables Round-Up: July 10

Here is a round-up of today's proverbs and fables. I also finished another of the "Tiny Tales" books! After Tiny Tales of Nasruddin, I moved on to Tiny Tales from India; you can get the free ebook and free audiobook at India.LauraGibbs.net.


I'm working on an Aesop book next (in English)... and if you're curious about this quick-and-easy self-publishing, I've written up some notes here: Documenting the Tiny Tales Project.


HODIE: ante diem sextum Idus Iulias



Quis famulus amantior domini
quam canis?
What household servant is more loving
than a dog?




Dilige sic alios, ut sis tibi carus amicus;
Sic bonus esto bonis, ne te mala damna sequantur.
[English]





Sciens cavebo.
Being aware, I will take care.



A deo rex, a rege lex.
From God, the king; from the king, the law.




AESOP'S FABLES:

Formica Transformata
Latin version and English version

Homo Formica Factus


Graculus et Columbae
Latin version and English version(s)



AESOP IN 100 WORDS
(yes, this is the book I'm finishing up soon!)