Sunday, May 3, 2020

Latin Proverbs and Fables Round-Up: May 3

Well, that was quite a semester...! But my summer has started. I hope everyone is doing well in this terrible time, and I'll try to keep up the Bestiaria here over the summer.

HODIE: ante diem quintum Nonas Maias



Ocior accipitre.
Swifter than a hawk.




Temporibus nostris quicumque placere laborat,
Det - cupiat - quaerat, plurima - pauca - nihil.
[English]





Simile appetit simile.
Like seeks like.




Timendi causa est nescire.
Ignorance is the cause of fear.



AESOP'S FABLES:

Tubicen Captus
Latin version and English version(s)




Pater, Filius, et Leo



I'll be including one more fable in each blog post for a while, connected to my 100-word story project. Aesop is part of that project, along with other 100-word stories; you can find out more here: Drabbles: 100-Word Stories. The English is not a translation of the Latin; instead, it's a 100-word story is English on the same subject as the Latin fable.

~ ~ ~