Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Latin Proverbs and Fables Round-Up: March 25

Here is a round-up of today's proverbs and fables... at last. I've been so busy helping people suddenly move their courses online (I teach online courses at the University of Oklahoma). I'll try to get back on schedule now, and I hope everyone is doing well in this terrible time.

HODIE: ante diem octavum Kalendas Apriles



Si tu adamas ranam,
ranam istam ais esse Dianam.
If you fall in love with a frog,
you'll say that frog is the goddess Diana.




Multos felices vidi, se nemo beatum;
Nullus enim quod adest, id satis esse putat.
[English]





Quod video, id credo mihi.
That which I see I put my trust in.




Amicus est unus animus in duobus corporibus.
A friend is one soul in two bodies.



AESOP'S FABLES:

Iuppiter et Asini
Latin version and English version(s)




Camelus Primo Conspicatus


BOOKS ONLINE: