Friday, June 26, 2020

Latin Proverbs and Fables Round-Up: June 26

Here is a round-up of today's proverbs and fables. Plus, I have a fun announcement: I've started developing OER (Open Educational Resources), and my first project is a series of "Tiny Tales" books that I'm publishing with Pressbooks. This is English, not Latin, but perhaps of interest: Tiny Tales of Nasruddin. It's the first in a series, and I'll have an Aesop book by the end of July if all goes well. More information here:
100Words.LauraGibbs.net



HODIE: ante diem sextum Kalendas Iulias



Unum quidem, sed leonem.
Only one, but a lion.
[from a fable of Aesop!)




Nulla foret, nisi certa fides foret, unaque semper;
At si certa foret spes mea, nulla foret.
[English]





Similes similibus gaudent.
Like delights in like.




Volo, non valeo.
I want, but I am not able.




AESOP'S FABLES:

Asinus et Viatores Duo
Latin version and English version(s)