Monday, July 5, 2010

Back in Action!

I hope everybody had a great Fouth-of-July weekend. I've been making really good progress on the Aesopus Magnus book, and the first draft is now complete! There is still lots of work to do over the summer but I am confident now that I can finish up the book before school starts in August. Whoo-hoo!

Meanwhile, I've started up blogging again, too. You can find the Latin word-of-the-day essay again over at the Verbosum blog along with the vocabulary composition challenges. You will notice a new look at that blog and at my other active blogs as well. Google has released a new "template designer" for Blogger.com blogs with all kinds of lovely options. I chose something really simple which I hope is easy on the eyes - but there are all kinds of more elaborate options for people who want to make a visual impact with their blog. If you've been thinking about starting a blog, Blogger.com just keeps getting better and better, IMHO.

In addition to the Latin word blog, I've started up a new blog for the fables: The English Aesop. The idea here is to publish five English translations each day to accompany the fables that will be appearing in the Aesopus Magnus book. If I can stick to that schedule, I should have an English version of the book ready by the end of the year: fingers crossed!

Tomorrow, Tuesday, I'll be resuming the round-ups here at the Bestiaria. Thanks for your patience during my absence. That is the longest break I have ever taken from blogging in the past five years... but I think it was worth it, and I'm excited about the new fables I will be able to share in the coming months. GoogleBooks has continued to be an amazing resource, full of surprises - if you are curious, here are the GoogleBooks I've discovered lately, some of which have proved invaluable for the Aesop project. Gratias vobis ago, GoogleLibris!!!

Finally, just for fun, here is an Aesop cartoon that my husband shared with me this morning. Aesop lives one - at least in some of the more famous fables!